SD card upgradeSupport

Last Updated:

1. Foster6565

Foster6565 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What do I need to do to upgrade my card I put in an 8 gb card and it messed up my phones browser it wouldn't fully render pages with flash and was just a much slower browser experience . I put the old card back in and its back to normal again so what next? All help is much appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. jikhead

jikhead Well-Known Member

I don't see how your card would prevent webpages from rendering correctly. It's possibly your old card holds data from previously visited websites.

Try formatting the new card in the phone: menu>settings>SD & phone storage

3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

With old card still in the phone, hook up to the PC in disk drive mode. Transfer all your card contents to the PC. Put in new empty card, format it, move the files from the PC onto the new card.

4. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

My guess is that your "old" card is holding cache from web pages that you frequent, and as such, they are opening faster.

Try transferring ALL of your old cards data to your new card via PC. Put the new card in and see if that helps.

I don't see any way for a SD to mess with the speed of your internet, but on the off chance that it is for some reason, just get a new card, format it (either via the phone or PC), transfer old data to new card and you are ready to go.

5. windstrings

windstrings Well-Known Member

Use dolphin browser... set it to run from your SD card but cache to your phone, and tick it to delete the cache everytime you exit.