• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD Card upgrade

abranchi

May 29, 2014
Hello everyone. I am facing this irritating problem that I hope you guys can help me with.

I have a 4GB SD Card that got full so I decided to upgrade. I got a 32GB SD Card. Now, I am copying my files to my computer and then back to my new SD Card but it doesn't seem to work. When copying my pictures it reaches to a point where it gives me this error "error 0x80070570". I googled the error and saw all the videos available on youtube and tried everything but nothing seems to help.

I did the following after a while. I changed the destination folder in my new SD from "100MEDIA" to "123", and all the pictures copied without any error, which actually surprised me. I thought I had finally fixed the problem so then I renamed the folder from "123" to "100MEDIA", and guess what? It simply disappeared from the SD Card. Also my "Android" folder is going through the same problem. My music copies just fine though.

Is my SD card messed up? Should I return it or something? Or is there any specific way to actually transfer the data? I first was doing this by using my USB cable with my phone. So I thought maybe the problem is because of that, so I got a SD card reader thingy and it is the same. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones