SD Card WeirdnessSupport

Last Updated:

1. HoochieCoo

HoochieCoo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This probably isn't an Incredible specific issue...

I've had my Incredible for about 3 weeks, using an SD card from my BB. So the card was about 2 years old. It's been working fine.

Last night, I was experimenting with Dropbox and Desktop Visualizer, and created a dropbox folder "Desktop Visualizer" to transfer some files. Not more than 2 minutes after the files transferred, the phone starting reporting "SD card unexpectedly removed". No matter how many times I removed the card and put it back in, within seconds it would report the same thing.

To make a long story short, a couple of other phones I have couldn't read the card either... but one could. Kind of. When connected to my PC it could read the directory listing, but every file transferred was corrupt. The odd part is, half the directories I clicked on had a subdirectory of "Desktop Visualizer" in it (which I most certainly didn't create in that many places).

So I formatted the card (in the phone that worked). Made sure it was working and moved it back to my Incredible. It's been fine for a day now.

I am going to assume my SD card is going south and I should probably plan on getting a new one? I am a little leery of putting anything important on it.

Also, there were some things I had installed from the Market that are most certainly not on the phone anymore, but it still shows as "installed" in the Market. Do I just have to uninstall, then install again to get them back?

Advertisement