SD Card which class?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Applesucks

Applesucks New Member This Topic's Starter

I've read HTC's specs on the SD card and their site says it currently supports class 2. Does that mean I can only buy a class 2 or can I get a class 6 or higher and will it work?

Advertisement
  2. Biggest Fro

Biggest Fro Well-Known Member

I would guess it would work with the higher classes, considering they made it support a 32gb card..

But on the whole class thing, I have never had a problem with my class 2. It does take some time to move a PSX ROM from my PC to my Phone, but imo not worth the extra money to get a better class that wont increase it that much. Remember, the class rating is only he write speed, not the read speed.

3. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

Any size class should work.

4. lopezbnj

lopezbnj Well-Known Member

It can work for different class. The difference is the speed. The higher the class, the faster in speed in transferring data. However, whether you can maximize the speed, it depends on your device. For camera, higher class is really better, therefore you can see some CF card going to have class 10. However, for mobile, class 2 or 4 is enough.

5. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

I just got the Sandisk 16G class 2 for $30 shipped from Amazon. Until the 32G drop in price, I'll stick with the 16G.

6. stanglifemike

stanglifemike Well-Known Member

As bad as I want a 32gb, I think I'll have to settle for a 16gb for the time being untill the 32gb drop in price. I still kick myself in the butt for missing Verizon's deal on the 32gb....