SD card woesSupport

1. PIANOTUNA

PIANOTUNA New Member

Hi and thanks for listening,

I've had my Aria for awhile. Recently, within the last 4months or so, it started giving me errors saying "Removed SD card. SD card removed. Insert a new one." Thinking my card had gone bad, or that the error was confined to the card, and that it was already outdated as far as memory goes, I sprung for a cheap, bigger SD card.

Well, before the card came in the mail, my phone had already begun to read the card again, not giving me an error for weeks and functioning perfectly. It would cycle from working to not working every once in awhile.

Within the last few days, it has stopped reading the card again. Today, I decided to just put the new SD card in, thinking it would solve the problem and that there wasn't much that I cared to keep on the first card. Well, it still is giving me the same error, even after putting in the new card, resetting the phone, removing the battery and card and putting it all back in, everything I can think of besides wiping the device in the hopes of removing the error. I've air dusted the SD card port, and I wouldn't say my phone is ever in dirty conditions (no more dirty than average)...

Any ideas? Thanks in advance. :smokingsomb:

Edit: Also, I have seen no correlation between the SD card working and any apps or other software that I have since added/removed. Nothing leads me to believe that the problem is actually with the phone, except for the new SD card not functioning. I'm probably missing something extremely obvious and I'll be kicking myself once I learn what it is... but I just don't have time to learn the ins and outs of this phone. I'm sure someone knows more than I do about this.

Advertisement
    :
  2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Welcome to the AndroidForums, PIANOTUNA.

The only suggestion I might have (that I don't think you mentioned?) was to format the SD card on your device itself.

Also, I found a few resources that I got from from very knowledgeable Staff members:

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/

Thought My SD Card Was Hosed; a Free Utility Proved Me Wrong — Mobile Technology News

No personal experience with either of them, but this might help you out.

Anyway, best of luck and thanks for signing-up with us here at AF!

:)
    Granite1 likes this.