SD Card wont mount with 2.1 on htc hero

Last Updated:

1. joshbaker34

joshbaker34 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have a htc hero that wont mount the sd card. It has no options to mount even tho it will sync fine and charges fine. I have tried two different sd cards a PNY and a Sandisk. I had a Hero before this one that I lost and it had the exact same problem. No matter what card I use there is no mount option. I have installed usb switcher and still no mount option. I know that this is related to 2.1 cause the previous version had a mount option any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. joshbaker34

have tried this on a winxp and winvista machine. Finally got the vista machine to find it by choosing mount as hard drive. Unfortunately I can download the music files through media player but I have to manually move all the files into the music folder anyone know of a faster way to do this

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Let's try moving this thread with your Hero sd card question to the Hero forums, josh. It'll probably get more responses than in the generic Android area.

I'll move it for you.

4. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Thanks Frisco! :)

2.1 should give you a list of options e.g. charge only, mount as removable drive, sync with computer etc (the exact terminology might differ as I don't have a 2.1 firmware to hand) along with an option to make your choice the default. Could this have been inadvertently selected when you used the "sync" option? That would explain why the list doesn't appear.

5. joshbaker34

no I have it set to ask. On the previous version 1.6 or something like that it had an option when I scrolled down from the top to let me mount the sd card and windows media player found it as an htc. Now on 2.1 it has taken those options out and I have a sync, charge only and mount as hard drive and something else but none of the options let me just mount the sd card. I can choose mount as hard drive and windows media player will find it but it reads it as a drive so it puts the music files on there then I have to manually move the files into the music folder. Just figured someone had an easier way. I read everything that I could and finally got it to work with winvista but it only reads it as a hard drive cause 2.1 removed the option

6. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Not sure I follow.... "mount as hard drive" does the same job as "mount SD card" i.e. your memory card appears in Windows Explorer as a removable drive. I've never used WMP to transfer music (mine is stored on PC in folders by artist/album already so I just drag-and-drop) but is there an option in settings somewhere to specify a destination folder?

Alternatively you might want to try the latest version of HTC Sync, which has added music syncing to the feature list.

7. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Mine is the same, I had to return my handset as the screen stopped working, so as of the moment I have an un rooted Hero running Oranges version of 2.1, I dont get any options to mount sync etc, I wasn't going to root this one, as I hope to upgrade soon, it would be cool to beable to mount the device in the next few months though, if anyone has a solution!

It recognises the USB as debugging pops up, but nothing else!