Root SD Card won't mount

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by z0mb13m4n, Nov 7, 2011.

1. z0mb13m4n

z0mb13m4n Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Male
    Salt Lake City
    So last night, I was setting up a new look on my phone. Nothing drastic, just a new theme and icons. I installed Beautiful Widgets and then got everything set up the way I liked. Went to bed and everything was fine. Today, I noticed that my sd card was unmounted and could be safely removed. I tried to remount it manually in settings, still said it was unmounted. I rebooted a few times, same thing. I pulled the battery and took my card out, stuck it back in and rebooted, same thing. I don't know whats going on. Anyone got any ideas? I'm running the newest version of MIUI.

Advertisement
  2. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

this happened to me once. i had to format the card. luckily i was able to read it from my pc and copied files i needed before formatting it.

3. z0mb13m4n

z0mb13m4n Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Male
    Salt Lake City
    Card won't even read on either of my PCs(one a Win7 and the other a WinXP), so I can't copy my files, I'm a sad panda. I get some weird error while trying to format it too. So I guess its off to BestBuy to buy a new one.

4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH
    VIP Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    The same thing happened to me in September. I lost everything on my SD. I had to get a new one. :(

5. cougar214

cougar214 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Dido. Happened to me also. The problem is the crappy 3rd world quality of the sd card that VZW supplies with the droid X. I just bought a Sandisc 16 gb class 2 sd card and, considering it's a class 2 like the factory card, moves data allot faster than my old card.

But yeah. If your card won't read in anything it crapped out. I picked mine up from Amazon for $13 bucks plus shipping so it cost me $18 plus some change. Not bad for a 16 gb card.

6. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja
    VIP Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    im hoping the internal sdcard for the nexus is going to be worth it

7. kjschaaf

kjschaaf Member

May 8, 2011
    I had the same thing happen, so I went to a local Verizon store in hopes of getting a replacement card. They told me they couldn't give me a new card, but they did give me a number to call Motorola. I called & Motorola sent me a new card at no cost. I received it within a few days, and they actually sent me a Class 4 card, as opposed to the Class 2 that came w/ my phone.

8. wewin1

wewin1 Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Pearland, TX
    Mine just crapped out today. :(