1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

SD Card won't mount

1. z0mb13m4n

z0mb13m4n Well-Known Member

So last night, I was setting up a new look on my phone. Nothing drastic, just a new theme and icons. I installed Beautiful Widgets and then got everything set up the way I liked. Went to bed and everything was fine. Today, I noticed that my sd card was unmounted and could be safely removed. I tried to remount it manually in settings, still said it was unmounted. I rebooted a few times, same thing. I pulled the battery and took my card out, stuck it back in and rebooted, same thing. I don't know whats going on. Anyone got any ideas? I'm running the newest version of MIUI.

Advertisement
    :
  2. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

this happened to me once. i had to format the card. luckily i was able to read it from my pc and copied files i needed before formatting it.
  3. z0mb13m4n

z0mb13m4n Well-Known Member

Card won't even read on either of my PCs(one a Win7 and the other a WinXP), so I can't copy my files, I'm a sad panda. I get some weird error while trying to format it too. So I guess its off to BestBuy to buy a new one.
  4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

The same thing happened to me in September. I lost everything on my SD. I had to get a new one. :(
  5. cougar214

cougar214 Well-Known Member

Dido. Happened to me also. The problem is the crappy 3rd world quality of the sd card that VZW supplies with the droid X. I just bought a Sandisc 16 gb class 2 sd card and, considering it's a class 2 like the factory card, moves data allot faster than my old card.

But yeah. If your card won't read in anything it crapped out. I picked mine up from Amazon for $13 bucks plus shipping so it cost me $18 plus some change. Not bad for a 16 gb card.
  6. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

im hoping the internal sdcard for the nexus is going to be worth it
  7. kjschaaf

kjschaaf Member

I had the same thing happen, so I went to a local Verizon store in hopes of getting a replacement card. They told me they couldn't give me a new card, but they did give me a number to call Motorola. I called & Motorola sent me a new card at no cost. I received it within a few days, and they actually sent me a Class 4 card, as opposed to the Class 2 that came w/ my phone.
  8. wewin1

wewin1 Member

Mine just crapped out today. :(