SD Card won't work.Support

1. CertifiedGFX

CertifiedGFX New Member

Hello, I own a HTC Desire HD and everytime I insert a memory card, it won't work. It just says Removed SD Card. How I did this? I turned off the phone and then I removed the SD Card so I could put it inside another phone. As a result, the SD card didn't work in my Nokia 5230 Phone (yet any wont) so I put the SD Card back in the HTC Desire HD. I turned on the phone and a message appeared saying 'Removed SD Card'. I tried clearing the SD card reading, blowing in it to clean it but it still won't work. I placed it properly and it still won't work. What should I do?

Advertisement
  2. john_g

john_g Well-Known Member

I suggest putting the card in a dedicated card reader attached to a PC - NOT attaching the phone to the PC. You can then, in Windows 7 at least, right-click on the removable disk icon, select Properties and then click on the Tools tab. If you select Error Checking, you can tick the option boxes and run the test. For me, it found two or three errors but got my phone and card happily talking to each other again. I know I lost a music track, but I assume that somehow a damaged system file was either recovered, or deleted and subsequently rebuilt by Android.