• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
you need to download the hot sync file from your card first. i took my card out of the phone and put it in my computer, opened the files and downloaded the hot sync exe file. put card back in your phone, then plug in your usb cable. the explore folder should then open automaticlly.........

hope this helped :)

Upvote 0
it actually should work without installing htc sync.exe..
when u first connect ur hero to ur comp thru usb, u should get notification on ur hero giving u options to mount usb, after u select that ur comp should recognize ur microSD card and u can explore it adding/removing files...

htc sync software is only for syncing stuff between ur fone and ur comp, i haven't tried it yet cuz i dont find use for it..

Upvote 0
it actually should work without installing htc sync.exe..
when u first connect ur hero to ur comp thru usb, u should get notification on ur hero giving u options to mount usb, after u select that ur comp should recognize ur microSD card and u can explore it adding/removing files...

htc sync software is only for syncing stuff between ur fone and ur comp, i haven't tried it yet cuz i dont find use for it..
DiNoise is right. No need for sync to even be installed to do what the OP needs to do.

He just needs to mount his device, which will be found in the notifications (pull down menu at the top), tap "mount" and it should appear as a removable device on the computer.

Once mounted, you are free to do whatever.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones