SD cardAccessories

Last Updated:

1. kevinbakon

kevinbakon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Saw this last night:
    SanDisk's elusive 32GB microSDHC card on sale tomorrow at Verizon: $100 with a Droid X, $150 without -- Engadget
    so I logged in this morning & the listed retail is $149, but with my corporate discount (25%), it shows me a price of $112.49 . . . I may just have to order one unless I can get a local retailer to make a sale & sell it to me for the "Droid X" price of $100 (or possible 25% less) . . .
    SanDisk's elusive 32GB microSDHC card on sale tomorrow at Verizon: $100 with a Droid X, $150 without -- Engadget

Edit: Unfortunately, it looks like it may be a class 2, so maybe I'll hold off . . .

Advertisement
  2. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

Do you need that much space right now? If not, wait a lil while til the price drops.

3. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

dude dont think u need that space... im on a 8gb and doing fine unless you plan on putting all your music on there which is not necessary if you use subsonic or slacker to stream music

4. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

It's a Class 2. All san disk cards are class 2. They also have a high failure rate.

5. Smabbage

Smabbage Well-Known Member

When he starts encoding movies for his phone he'll appreciate the extra space. I have a 16 Gig and it fills up quick. Love watching movies on the AMOLED screen.

6. crupp

crupp Well-Known Member

What are using to rip the movies onto your DINC

7. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member

They definitely less expensive at local retail stores like Walmart...at least up here in the midwest.
    And why are all these Droid X threads showing up in the Incredible forum?

8. NoNoBadDog

NoNoBadDog Well-Known Member

The company I work for, and I personally, have used Sandisk cards for years, and only know of one card failing. If you have a valid source of statistical information (not hearsay) that shows that Sandisk is any more prone to failure that any other brand, please post it as I would be very interested in reading it.

9. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

considering this is an accessory, i'm moving it to accessories! ;)

kevinbakon likes this.
  10. jikhead

jikhead Well-Known Member

11. Kod1ak

Kod1ak Well-Known Member

The DInc specs say it only takes cards up to 16 gigs. Will the 32 gig card work? If so, I SOOO want to get one. I do a lot of video editing for my job and I love putting my work on my phone along with some of the movies I own. It's great for long flights to be able to not have to break out the laptop and just watch on the phone.

As far as software goes, Handbrake is a great free piece of software that you can use to convert video files into a format that the DInc likes. Right now I have Avatar, Zombieland, all 6 Star Wars movies, and some other random videos that I created at work and I still have a couple of gigs left over. Oh...and yes...I own all those movies on DVD or Blue Ray...lol.

12. najaboy

najaboy Well-Known Member

13. najaboy

najaboy Well-Known Member

The Inc supports up to a 32 GB card. The only reason that 16 GB is listed in some literature is that 2.1 can't format that large of a card. So, if you buy this card before Froyo is pushed, you may have to format it in your computer before first use.