• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sd card

i have the samsung galaxy s 2.2.1 android and cannot figure out how to move data from the phone to the sd card...specifically photos and videos. i went to apps-settings-manage-apps and selcted gallery where all my pics and vidoes are currently stored and it gave me 2 options 1 - cancel data and 2 - move to sd card. the problem is that option 2 (move to card) was greyed out. is it my phone or is it me? also, i can move data from my phone to the computer but not from my computer to the sd card???

Upvote 0
Its just you

Moving photos from phone to card:

1. Go to My Files. Your photos will be saved in DCIM>Camera>press menu>more>move, then select the photos you want to move.
2. Navigate to external SD folder and choose what folder you want your photos into.

To move photos from phone to computer

1. Connect your phont via mass storage mode
2. You phone will appear as 2 SD cards on the computer, the internal sd card, and the external sd card you put. Look for the pictures, copy them, then paste them onto the pc folders.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones