1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support SD Card

1. cliff0796

cliff0796 Well-Known Member

I have a HTC Desire and just waiting for delivery of the HTC One, what is the best was of transfering all on my sd card to my new phone, would I transfer all the contents of the sd card on to my computer then transfer from there to my new phone?

Advertisement
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

So I'll do it with my new One X :)

Harry
  3. cliff0796

Hi Harry, is that a yes thats what you do??
  4. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

It is a yes :) but I've to explain.
    I'll copy the contents of the SD card to the PC.
    Then I'll select all the files which I want on the storage of the One X.
    Only this files I'll tranfer to the new phone, not the whole contents of the old phone's SD card.

The apps I'll have to install again on the new phone.

Contacts I'll move (copy) from the old phone to the new one with this HTC app via bluetooth.

Old emails and texts I won't move to new phone.
    That emails which on the server will be tranfered again to the new phone by the email app.

I've done this a few times :)

Harry
    cliff0796 likes this.
  5. as439726

as439726 Well-Known Member

You shouldn't need to manually transfer contacts. Just associate them with your gmail account. Then when you log into the new phone, select gmail contacts and they will sync transfer.
    Hope that helps
  6. cliff0796

Already sorted, thanks anyway.