SD cardGeneral

Last Updated:

1. rcarter10

rcarter10 Well-Known Member

I popped my 32 gig in, and the phone reads it. The thing is I have no idea how to make the phone use it. So far everything is going to the internal spot. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. striker325

striker325 Well-Known Member

If you want the pictures you are taking to go into the external sd card(the 32gb you put in). Go into the camera like if you are going to take a picture and change the output picture folder to the external sd card under the picture settings.
  3. TheBritton

TheBritton Resident Galaxy Cat Guide

Haha I was confused by same thing when I first got the phone! You'll have to manually set apps to save content to mnt/sdcard/external_sd if it supports it. Otherwise everything is saved to "sdcard" which is actually the internal sd card. Luckily my preferred browser and a few other apps let you select a download directory by default allowing you to use the external sd.

(I too had to set camera to save to external my selecting settings, then storage.)
  4. steeljack99

steeljack99 Well-Known Member

yeah thats one thing im a little disappointed with on on this phone, even link2SD currently isnt able to link to the ext_sd directory, if you try to do it it thinks the internal sd is the first partition and the external is the 2nd partition and it cant see the actual 2nd partition on your external sd :(
  5. thewarden

thewarden Active Member

I've had problems with apps using music and other files on my external card. Tunewiki for example...I made a playlist with all the music being on my external card. Next time I opened tunewiki, opening the saved playlist told me "no music files on sd card." But I can play all the files that are on it in the same app. I rebuilt the playlist and it did it again. It's nice having internal and external options but it seems to confuse some apps.
  6. sylviarob

sylviarob New Member

I have downloaded music to my samsung galaxy s 2 without a sd card and i just recently put in a sd card. So is my music now on my sd card or not? And if not then how do i get my music to my sd card so i can reset my phone back to default without having to redownload all my songs? :confused:
  7. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

You can try installing a file explorer so you can try to find the files. Most people use ES File Explorer.

Once you locate the files you want to backup, connect the phone to the PC using a USB cable then copy the files from your phone over to your PC by simply dragging them over.
  8. TheBritton

With Astro or Root Explorer navigate to the "storage" directory in the root if your file system. In that directory you will see "ExtSDCard" and "sdcard0" ExtSDCard is your micro SD card and sdcard0 is your internet storage. Find your music in your sdcard0 folder and move it to ExtSDCard. There ya go! :)
  9. Dngrsone

Dngrsone Well-Known Member

If you go into Settings and then Applications, you can move some of your applications to the external SD card, as well. This is helpful if you are in danger of running out of room on your internal storage.
  10. sylviarob

sylviarob New Member

I did this and when i did it says that my music cannot be moved to the external sd card. Do u know how i can fix that? Like it will say cater_to_you.mp3 cannot be moved.
  11. TheBritton

Try mounting R/W in Root Explorer. That shouldn't be necessary but hmm...

If Not.. Try mounting your storage via USB cable and move your music from Internal to External that way?
  12. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Is your system mounted and is it set to rw and not ro . Readwrite is what you need to be