SD CardGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Locoman

Locoman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I woke up this morning and took my Eris off the charger and had a notification. It said "Blank SD card the SD card is blank or using an unsupported !" I open the notification and it say's "Format SD card Are you sure you want to format the SD card? All data on your card will be lost." I click OK and it does nothing. When I first got the phone April 1st I forgot to format the card which I believe you should do. I put the card in my pc and it asks me to format it but when I try to it won't.
    Any help?
    Thanks
    Doug

Advertisement
  2. Locoman

I had another 1gig micro sd card and put it in and it works fine. the 8gig card that came with the phone doesn't work in any of my other computers or even my palm pilot. I guess the card went bad.

3. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Hmmm,
    I wonder if the card is also under the manufacturers warranty?
    Doesn't hurt to try. Take it in to Verizon and show them what it does. They might give you a brand new card.

4. Locoman

Thanks, I plan on doing that.

5. Locoman

Well, I took my phone to the local Verizon store and they promptly gave me a new 8 gig card for my phone with no charges. Very good service! Of coarse I couldn't resist asking about the 2.1 update for the Eris and the lady who was helping me said she never heard of it for the Eris. The other sales rep over heard what I asked her and promptly chimed in and said "the Eris will never get the 2.1 update and would probably never get updated over 1.7". I told him that on numerous web sites that Brenda Raney a spokes person for Verizon has been quoted as saying that the Eris can and will be upgraded to newer a Android operating system software in first quarter 2010. He then looked it up on the internet and found what I told him, then he promptly started stumbling over his words. LOL! We'll see!

6. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

Uhh I think that statement says it all. 1.7????:rolleyes:

7. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

LOL I always love that one. I had a guy tell me that 1.8 should be running well on my phone.

8. truelove79

truelove79 Well-Known Member

Seriously people. Stop asking Verizon employees about the update. They don't know any more than we do, and sometimes less. The only people at Verizon that will know are the testers and you're not gonna be able to talk to them. Anyone that is in a position to talk to customers won't know anything.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

9. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

To be fair, I think they're confusing the Android version with the HTC software version. When they say "1.7" I think they really mean "1.17", and they're talking about MR2, whose HTC software version number was 1.17.605.1. Granted, this is giving them a lot of credit.

10. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

I'm glad they replaced it. I've had other memory cards go bad in the past; it usually happens if the power is cut or the card is dislodged while data is being written to it. Manufacturers are usually willing to swap the card when this happens, even after the warranty expires, because they can [usually] get the card working again with a low-level format.

This should serve as a reminder to everyone to back up your card data, though! I mean, assuming you've got stuff on there you don't want to lose (pictures from the camera, for instance).

11. Locoman

Thanks but no thanks.

12. Magikx21

Magikx21 New Member

I had the same issue about a week ago. I called Verizon and without much hassle they sent me out a new card.