sd cardGeneral

Last Updated:

1. mypaq

mypaq Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

can anyone help me choose a good SD card for my rooted g1,

I have heard there are different classes.

thank you.

Advertisement
  2. Frostation

Frostation Active Member

There are many sizes but most good branded micro sd's have good speeds even if they have a large amout of memory.
    I use 16GB for my legend and its working great. If you create a gold card it doesnt really matter how much memory the sd card has.
    This is where I got it from: 16 GB Micro SDHC Card: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo
    Any other questions just ask!

3. mypaq

mypaq Member This Topic's Starter

Hi thanks for you quick reply, I am not sure on what you mean by creating a gold card can you explain, plus is there a app that will partition the card that you know off or even a easy way of doing it

thanks.

4. DarkTLRrider

DarkTLRrider Well-Known Member

I used the Cyanogen wiki. His latest version supports apps2sd. After you get it rooted and are into the formatting of the sd card use the second method he speaks of for partitioning the sd card. It subtracts the partition size from the total size of the card much easier than trying to figure it out by converting to MB.

CyanogenMod Wiki

5. damnmad

damnmad Well-Known Member

The latest Amon-Ra recoveries can do the partitioning very easily. Note, however, that creating a swap on your sd card will shorten its lifespan. The higher the class of the sd card, the better. Aim for at least class 4. Class 6 would be excellent. You don't need to create a goldcard.