sd contents and apps during 2.2 update?

Last Updated:

1. rokr

rokr Member This Topic's Starter

I just did the first update dl and install, when I do the second larger update, will I lose any sd contents or apps? If I do lose apps, if they were paid apps, can I redownload them without having to pay again?

Also, for anyone with the 2.2 update, do you now have mobile hotspot capability? basically tethering ability without using a cable?

Rokr

Advertisement
  2. Raven198

Raven198 Well-Known Member

You shouldn't loose anything. Any apps you have paid for are linked to your google account. You won't loose paid for apps.

3. Jonah's dad

Jonah's dad New Member

Long time lurker...first post.

You might want to be careful and backup your information to your desktop/laptop. I got 2.2 like a month ago - no problems. I just got the 2.2.1 update a couple days ago and it corrupted all pictures. They are there but unreadable; not sure what to do.

Jason

4. rokr

rokr Member This Topic's Starter

So, I got the 2.2 update. Phone is a bit faster, not blazing fast. But the streamlined menus and bars are nice, compared to the archaic 1.6 versions. So I went through all my menus, apparently 2.2 on the MyTouch3G got screwed regarding mobile hotspot functionality... that sucks as I was going to use that function for my non 3g ipad... any idea if that's an option or possible with a root/custom build?

Thanks,
    Rokr