SD Partition query

Last Updated:

1. the ginger god

the ginger god Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello

I have been reading about the sdcard partitioning on the forum here and I thought I might ask a question that I couldn't find along my travels whilst reading. I have a 16GB SDcard class 6 and here is my question...

I have a HTC Desire with setROM 4.5, before I installed this ROM I partitioned my sdcard with a 512MB ext partition using ROM Manager (paid version), now everything seemed to work just fine with the flash etc, but when I go into the SD card + phone storage I see this:

[​IMG]

When I use Root Explorer application, I cant see the other partition (512MB one) I made?

Can anyone advise if this is normal? I can move my apps to sd though through the manage applications section.

I should add, I have no idea why I even created this external partition, do i even need it?

Thanks
    Warpy

Advertisement
  2. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

depends on the rom you use as to if you need the partition or not for A2SD......... as far as the storage reporting yes its going to appear funky when you view it from settings because it only reads the main partition

the ginger god likes this.
  3. ErisLove

ErisLove Well-Known Member

looks like it worked 121 internal mb is alot