Support SD & Phone Storage - BIG PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Natassja, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Natassja

Natassja New Member

Dec 7, 2010
    My phone has been fine untill the last week. It would usually have plenty of space for media but recently it doesnt. I decided to transfer all my photos and videos onto my Mac so i could continue to take photos and videos. But even after i had done this (emptied all my photos and videos), it said my SD card was still full. :thinking:

I then went to settings - SD and Phone storage, and saw that i only had 77MB available. I checked to see how much of my music was using it up but it was only using 3GB.

I decided to re format the SD card and doing so i lost everything. Hoping that everything would be ok now i connected my phone to the computer to upload music. Everything was fine until i uploaded the 4th song and it said that their wasn't enough space.

Im now looking at my SD & phone storage page on my phone and it says
    TOTAL SPACE - 7.40GB
    Available space - 3.22MB

INTERNAL PHONE STORAGE
    available space - 1.05GB

Could someone please help me! :thinking: i Just want it to go back to having plenty of space for photos, videos and music and not all these troubles. Also if someone could explain the difference between SD & Phone Storage and Internal Phone Storage.

THank you.

Advertisement
  2. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
    Have you upgraded to 2.2.1 recently? If so you may want to check out the threads about the upgrade killing SD Cards.

Dave