SD Upgrade

1. jonous101

jonous101 Well-Known Member

Hi peeps, quick question. at the moment i've got a 2gig memory card in my hero, but it's starting to get really full so was thinking of ordering myself an 8gig, however, how do i transfer all my apps etc from one memory card to another as i don't fancy reinstalling everything.
    Thanks in advance x

Advertisement
    :
  2. rizzla

rizzla Well-Known Member

You could connect the phone to your computer and copy everything over then put the new card in and copy it all back.

If you have an SD reader for your computer you could copy the stuff straight from the phone to the new sd card and then replace it.

Remember when the phone connects to your computer you can mount the SD card in it and your computer will read it like a removable drive.
  3. jonous101

Ooh as easy as that? Thanks for that.
    Just ordered the card from Amazon. Cannot wait, seem to be addicted to downloading apps at min ;)
  4. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Are you using a custom ROM with apps2sd? If you're not then you dont need to worry about your apps, only music files and so on.

If you are running apps2sd then it's a bit more complicated.
  5. jonous101

I have no idea what any of that means i'm afraid, i bought the phone and i've not done anything to the software coz i don't understand how it all works. Sorry for being a bit thick ;)
  6. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Lol no problem, most people dont need to know anything about all that :p Just ignore what I said :)