1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

SDCard directories

Last Updated:

1. Tsukukinsei

Tsukukinsei New Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to make apps not store settings in the SDcard or to have them all in a specific folder my card is looking kinda messy :(

Advertisement
  2. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

Your "/sdcard" generally corresponds to your "home" or "My Documents" directory, and is as such a "prime target" for your apps to store their stuff. Unless the app has a user setting for where to store its application data, you will need to recompile the application if you want to move the directory it creates.

I feel your pain, though. Maybe we should lobby for a guideline for apps to use, say, "/sdcard/appdata" (as in "/sdcard/appdata/someapplication"), but where would you start with something like that? :(

3. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

I share your gripe. It would be nice if there was an app that check for orphaned directories from uninstalled programs and give the option to delete them but as of yet I have come up empty. When cruising my SD card I am constanly finding directories from programs I removed months ago. Developers should write their programs to remove all traces (maybe give you a choice if you want to keep related data should you decide to reinstall). Maybe some day...