sdcard taking long time to mountSupport

Last Updated:

1. cr0wnest

cr0wnest Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My sdcard has been taking awfully long to mount to USB. It used to be almost instantaneous like your average USB thumbdrive or external hard disk. Im on a non-rooted nexus one running froyo. Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

ive noticed the more i have on my card it takes a little longer to mount. maybe that has something to do with it? i use an 8gb and over 4 or 5 makes it lag...

3. cr0wnest

Ive got an 8GB sdcard as well. And ive only used up about 2GB on it, so i dont think its got anything to do with the memory. :\

4. ElasticNinja

ElasticNinja Well-Known Member

Could it be corrupted?

5. all43

all43 Well-Known Member

Could try checking for errors within windows.....right click, properties, tools, check errors and bad sectors.(fingers crossed your on windows or these instructions make no sense at all lol)

6. cr0wnest

I checked for errors with windows but they said its fine. Im doing a full format on the card with windows right now. I tried to unmount the sdcard via the phone but it just kept saying unmounting sdcard and it just stays that way. Didnt work even after i quick formatted the card on windows. Something isnt right here...

7. all43

all43 Well-Known Member

I use Panasonic SDformatter v2.0.0.3(might not be the latest) to do my formatting of problematic devices, its a free app and very handy to have at your disposal, much better than windows!