SDK issue...General

Last Updated:

1. pacedrum69

pacedrum69 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im trying to root my phone, and Ive installed SDK , and unzipped the file....Ive downloaded the drivers, and when i plug my phone in to my comp....go to my comp....device manger...right click on the yellow!...update driver....it doesnt let me select either of the drivers in the folder on SDK??? WTF.... do I need to complete installing the PB00IMG.zip before I do this?? please help... :mad:

Advertisement
  2. nacosta

nacosta Member

yeah im having a similar problem. anyone?

3. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

hmmm, interesting
    your not the first two i've heard this from

4. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

pacedrum69, nacosta :

You might get more assistance from the readers if you tell them what you are using.

You know - Windows Xp, Windows Vista, Windows 7 ? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Perhaps someone that went down the same road as you (with the same OS) can offer some advice.

Also, it occurs to me that the early RUU updates - for instance MR2, which is still available for download from HTC's distribution supplier (PCD phones) at

Personal Communications Devices (see link on right side of page "MR2 Upgrade")

did not require users to first install (Windows) drivers before running the utility - so I suppose that means that the RUU installs the drivers itself. That being the case, you could use that just for the driver install, and cancel it before it installs anything on the phone:

Run the MR2 RUU installer right up to the point where it is has communicated with the phone, and is is ready to start the install to the phone- and then cancel it! (You are using the MR2 RUU to just install the drivers, that's all!).

(Please do not use the recently-announced "Leak-V3" RUU for this, as there is a small risk that folks will click "next" one times too many and render their phones unrootable)

Finally, you should be able to figure out whether you have successfully installed the drivers without doing anything to the phone, by using the commands

Code (Text):
    1. adb devices
    (with phone booted into main OS and the Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging toggle turned on)

or

Code (Text):
    1. fastboot devices
    (with phone in fastboot mode : boot into HBOOT with Vol-down+End/Power, then press Send)

Search the "All Things Root (Eris)" forum for details about those two commands.

eu1

PS pacedrum69: Please self-report this thread (the little exclamation point in the triangle)

<====== over there

to a moderator and ask them politely to move this thread to the "All Things Root (Eris)" sub-forum.