SDXC CM7 CM9 Stock

1. Goofee691

Goofee691 Active Member

So my dad just got a SDXC card for his triumph and the phone locks up and reboots in CM9 CM7 and stock VM 2.2

however in CWM recovery I am able to read a zip file that is placed on the card, any clue of how to get the card working?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Mobstergunz

Mobstergunz Well-Known Member Developer

is it larger then 32gb if so that can be the reason the phone can only handle upto 32gb
  3. marc12868

marc12868 Well-Known Member Contributor

Micro sdxc cards are 64gb only from the looks of it so that would explain a lot. You need a 32gb or smaller which will probably be micro sdhc.

Edit: so yeah I looked around and sure enough, it won't work. Micro sdxc uses a different format than microsdhc. It needs a different slot you can read more about it here: http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/394162-64gb-micro-sd-work-phone.html
    and here: http://www.androidcentral.com/sandisk-announces-64gb-microsdxc-card-dont-get-too-excited

Edit2: Ok so from the looks of some people have got it working by formatting it through the phone. Maybe boot into a rom and then insert the sdcard, then format it which will erase all the data and may take a while since it's 64gb...
  4. Goofee691

Goofee691 Active Member

Well formatting with the phone caused the crash reboots but then formatted the card with Linux and it worked no problem
  5. Goofee691

Goofee691 Active Member

Its a 64GB card and it is working now
  6. marc12868

marc12868 Well-Known Member Contributor

SWEET!!! :D If they weren't so expensive I would get 1... Maybe I can find a cheap one somewhere...
  7. MRCMidnight

MRCMidnight Well-Known Member

How did dad get a hold of this memory card? :p

~ Sent from my Motorola Triumph using Tapatalk ~
  8. FroyoShark

FroyoShark Well-Known Member

They have computer hard drives with over 2TB, so why not 64GB on phones?
  9. TheBritton

TheBritton Resident Galaxy Cat Guide

I have a 32GB card and its over half full. I could use one soon at this rate.
  10. MRCMidnight

I got my SanDisk 64GB card in the mail today and the card WORKS on the Motorola Triumph! :D

File Format is FAT32 and has 59.46GB of available space. (Was like this when I received mine from eBay, seller: ZiggyMemory (is that you Ziggy46? :p).
    TheBritton likes this.
  11. TheBritton

Thanks!! That's good to know!
  12. TheBritton

Does it only work with FAT32? I prefer NTFS.. just curious
  13. MRCMidnight

It is currently running FAT32 based on what the properties of my PC says when I connect my phone via USB.

It is cheaper to buy from eBay, I got mines for 72 bucks after CA tax. To find yourself a trusted seller, he/she must have at least 1000 sales and maintain feedback over 99.8% as a golden rule. If close it is based on your judgement :)

EDIT: What is the advantage of NTFS vs FAT32, just curious myself :)

Forgot to add what I am running on: CM7-Reloaded
  14. thebryceee

thebryceee Well-Known Member

I have 4.35 gig left on my 16 gig card lol
  15. dikdik

dikdik New Member

I mean, I have over 500gb of music. 64gb would be nice.
  16. thebryceee

thebryceee Well-Known Member

Jesus. I use Google Music. That cleared quite a bit of room for me.
  17. TheBritton

In FAT32, the size of files are limited to 4GB.. which probably won't affect most users, but just in case ;)