• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SE Still refusing to unlock Bootloader!

CuBz

Android Expert
Sep 21, 2010
UK
www.amafialife.com
So SE confirmed that they will not be releasing any further Android updates for the X10. So why will they not unlock the bootloader?!?!

Surely if they have given up, then can unlock the bootloader to allow us to use whichever OS we want!

Very unfair and pathetic if you ask me! You would think that a popular mobile phone name would want to keep their customers happy, but no, SE seem to enjoy pissing people off!!

I just want 2.2 for flash! not much to ask for!

So SE confirmed that they will not be releasing any further Android updates for the X10. So why will they not unlock the bootloader?!?!

Surely if they have given up, then can unlock the bootloader to allow us to use whichever OS we want!

Very unfair and pathetic if you ask me! You would think that a popular mobile phone name would want to keep their customers happy, but no, SE seem to enjoy pissing people off!!

I just want 2.2 for flash! not much to ask for!

That would be nice. But at the same time, it's like asking Microsoft to unlock the source code to the Original Xbox because it's no longer supported so we should be able to do whatever we want with them. I ain't gonna happen.

=(

Upvote 0
I got this email off SE

bullshit.png

Upvote 0
I think Sony Ericsson should hire developers, like those on XDA, that can actually do something good with the phones and let them do it.

One reason why I think Sony is not doing what can be done to the X10 is because they want their next phone to be better than the previous versions. If the new phones were only slightly better than the previous, then some people may see no point in buying it.

Upvote 0
I got this email off SE

bullshit.png

^^ love this reply from SE, as if the warranty is a holy document that we must never taint! Surely they realise that the people just want the best from SEs' product, why on earth would they deny customers the right to the full potential of the phone :(

I got the same answer on the phone (before i had learnt anything about root etc) - i had asked if it was possible to remove moxier and the other apps that were useless to me - but apparently "that would void the warranty"

Love the product (now) - despise the tight fisted company tho !! long live the Dev's and hackers!!! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones