• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Seaking advice about purchasing a Samsung Note 10.1 and SD card configuration

I picked up a Samsung Note GT 10.1 this week at Walmart to test out (15day return policy) before I order one online cheaper and with the amount of storage I need. This being my first tablet experience I noticed right away the app size for some of the available apps is much larger then the apps on my phone so I am not sure if I should stick with the 16 or get the 32... I don't use a ton of apps for the most just everyday stuff, email, some social, music, streaming, couple games. The thing is there will be multiple users, 2 dedicated and 1 guest. The other user is a female and completely fresh to Android and will probably be installing a lot of apps of her liking.

So first question is from your experiences should I go 16gb or 32gb? *Note I also am buying a 64gb SD card.

Second question: I have been hearing a lot about partitioning SD cards, should I and if so could you please point me to a guide?

Yes I have considered the Nexus 10 but I really like the Notes built in IR, S Pen and multi tasking plus I am a Samsung fan.
Thanks...

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

I think he refers to either the 16GB or 32GB internal for the device, apart from the card.

Anyway, 16GB should be enough for normal purposes unless you plan on installing several large games. Some games reach to more than 1GB in size (Asphalt for example) so it would be limiting. You can put all media on external card and just leave the internal for apps and related data.

Reactions: Moniker76
Upvote 0
I think he refers to either the 16GB or 32GB internal for the device, apart from the card.

Anyway, 16GB should be enough for normal purposes unless you plan on installing several large games. Some games reach to more than 1GB in size (Asphalt for example) so it would be limiting. You can put all media on external card and just leave the internal for apps and related data.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones