Search button not working

1. SNeitzel

SNeitzel Well-Known Member

The search soft button (magnifying glass) on my phone does not seem to do anything. If I long press the button it opens up voice search, but shouldn't a single press open the regular google search? Also, pressing MENU and SEARCH is not working. I am currently on the WatermarkD theme but have manually updated google search (don't like the black themed version). Any ideas how to fix this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. SoftWyer

SoftWyer Well-Known Member

It might be that the button has become associated with an application that is no longer installed? If a phone power off/on doesn't fix it then you could try re-installing the Google Search application from the market.
  3. SNeitzel

SNeitzel Well-Known Member

Actually installing from the market was a part of removing the original black themed market.
    Removed it with TiBackup, uninstall voice search, reboot, install Google search form market, install voice search, reboot. They all work, except will not launch from soft button.
  4. xdjneo

xdjneo New Member

Having the same problem
  5. pboschen78

pboschen78 New Member

Try going into your settings > apps, locate the market app and clear your cache and also clear your data. That worked for me.