• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Search by music - how did I do this?

D

Deleted User

Firstly I have the Google sound search widget on my home screen and use it but this happened one day when I put my phone in my pocket without locking the screen.

I was listening to music with Play Music and put the phone in my pocket without locking it, when I took it out I had the standard Google Now search screen on (all white, input box at the top but no cards as I don't have NOW activated)

The music was still playing and it had on the screen something like "Listening for music" and one of those little moving bar graphs like you get on the sound search widget when that is listening.

Not sure if the graph was for the music playing or for what it was picking up through the microphone.

Just wondering what I did.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones