search company name in contactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Paulussie

Paulussie New Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 17, 2010
    After using de SGS for a week now (and what a delight it is after 2 years of HTC+WM6) I am getting more and more confused by the search feature in the contacts database.

After initially moving all my contacts from WM to Gmail and from there to the Samsung I found that I could not reliably search all contact data on the phone. If I searched for a company name I did get some, but not all contacts belonging to that company.

After searching on this forum and elsewhere I read that only name fields were searched. But that is not completely true, for I have a number of contacts that have a company name that IS found in a search for that name. (and no, the company name is not in the name field, but in the company field where it belongs ;))

Even more confusing is that if I edit a contact that is initially found, and save it, the search no longer finds the company. And even stranger, this happens if I edit any field in that contact, e.g. the name field, and leave the company field alone.

So I began to wonder:

- Why can I find some company names while most here seem to agree that that should be impossible?

- Am I the only one with this problem?

Maybe superfluous: I am only using the synced contacts from my Gmail account and no local ones.

2. emdoe

emdoe New Member

Aug 18, 2010
    I had to do sync with Kies to import all my contacts from Outlook since I had a few other issues with Contacts sync from Google account. Try that see if that helps.