• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Search in contacts, music, pictures, etc

I cannot figure out how to search in certain applications that come preloaded on the Samsung Moment, such as contacts, and media files (photos, music, etc.), In my Music section I can quick scroll through letter, but I'd like to be able to type in a search field for a certain song or album or artist or file name, etc. I found in the menu or long press how to search the web and other apps, etc., and find a pre selected song, but no way to search for a filename that is not selected or even on screen. I would even go so far as to say a couple letters typed of a filename should be sufficient to find related files. If anyone knows how to search these - contacts, music, photos, etc., - help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones