• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Search not working

JAy3001

Android Expert
Dec 13, 2010
UK
The search function on these forums seem to not work on my Nexus 6. I'm using Chrome browser and it is viewing the site via the mobile option.

When I click on the search button the bar pops up, however when I touch the search bar to type the keyboard pops up and then quickly disappears along with the search bar.

Any clues? The search works if I force load desktop version.

The search function on these forums seem to not work on my Nexus 6. I'm using Chrome browser and it is viewing the site via the mobile option.

When I click on the search button the bar pops up, however when I touch the search bar to type the keyboard pops up and then quickly disappears along with the search bar.

Any clues? The search works if I force load desktop version.

This has been reported before and I thought it was fixed. Just tested and I can reproduce. Passing up!

Yes, I've noticed this for a quite some time. It happens on my HTC stock browser and Dolphin as well as Chrome.

I found that the 'Advanced Search' function works ok. I enter the key words, leave all options as default and hit 'Search', just takes a couple of seconds longer than using the Search button.

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: PitCarver
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones