Searched the forums - still can't figure out how to do this.

Last Updated:

1. MightyGreen

MightyGreen Member This Topic's Starter

My Motorola Droid is great. But here's one thing I cannot figure out how to change.

Every time I get an email in my gmail account or in my work account, the phone says "Droid." (My kids love it). I get a lot of email, so I mostly ignore the audio notifications.

The phone uses the same sound to notify me of SMS Text messages. Since it's the same sound ("Droid"), I usually just ignore it. But what that means is that I never get my text messages anymore.

This was easy to change on my old Blackberry. But I can't figure out how to make the notification sounds different for text messages from email messages. When I go to Settings > Sound & Display > Notification Ringtone, I can change the notification audio, but not for individual applications.

Can this be done?

I've had the Droid for 2 months now, and otherwise it's been great.

TIA.

Advertisement
  2. square

square Well-Known Member

go into each apps respective settings and you can change it from there.

for gmail: open gmail to your inbox. press menu>settings>select ringtone.

MightyGreen likes this.
  3. MightyGreen

MightyGreen Member This Topic's Starter

Man, that was so easy! Thanks, square. You're my new hero!

4. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

Yep,
    The phone has a "general" notification sound that you can set in the main phone settings. Each app has its own notifications you can set. If you don't set them in each app I think it defaults to the main notification sound (which by default is "Droooooiiiiiiddddd".

5. Crazy_J

Crazy_J Well-Known Member

Rings extended is a good app if your looking to add your own personal ringtones and notifications. It can be downloaded for free from the market.