1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Searching a good RPG for Android

1. Bonestorm

Bonestorm New Member

Hey guys

I'm searching for a good RPG for my samsung galaxy nexus on jelly bean. At the moment, I'm playing The Bard's Tale which is a pretty nice port from the PC version and I like it a lot. But I almost finished it. So I'm looking for a new Android RPG which has a good play time, no (necessary) ingame purchases (the game itself might cost some money) and good controls. I dont care too much about the graphics.
    So far I was looking at Dungeon Hunter 2 (which doesnt work on my SGN ~.~). I'm also thinking about Backstab HD but that seems to have a pretty short story as well as - let's say - not so good controls (the least thing I wanna do is purchase an app and delete it again since I'm frustrated about loosing due to poor controls/camera work).

I hope someone has a recommendation for me.

Greetings, Bonestorm

Advertisement
    :
  2. Pertusaria

Pertusaria Member

Hi there,

If you *really* don't care about graphics, you could try Gurk, the 8-bit RPG. It's a bit of a curiosity, but I've played the first few minutes (till I got killed for the first time) and it feels like an old-style RPG. It's free, and the file is tiny, so you might give it a go. I don't know how it would work on a tablet, though.

Other than that, you could try Avadon: The Black Fortress. I've only played the PC version; some aspects of the game design grated on me, but I got several hours of happy play-time out of it before I set it aside. It's a Jeff Vogel game, in case you've run across them before.

Cheers,
    Pertusaria