• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Searching contacts

JeromeP

Lurker
Apr 5, 2012
I have the HTC Wildfire, when I do a people search the results never bring up any businesses or organizations. These contacts are available on my phone when I open contacts and manually scroll through my contact lists. How can I use the search to bring up my business contacts.

I have the HTC Wildfire, when I do a people search the results never bring up any businesses or organizations. These contacts are available on my phone when I open contacts and manually scroll through my contact lists. How can I use the search to bring up my business contacts.

Maybe its to do with the details of the businesses or organisations you've saved?
Try comparing a contact that appears when you search and a business that doesnt, then compare and see whats different.
Hope that helps

Sorry i cant give you exact details because im probably using different software from you, unless you are using CyanogenMod like me

Reactions: JeromeP
Upvote 0
Thanks for your response. I am using Outlook 2007 and it seems that the search lookup only searches the the "name" field. The name filed is not populated for companies. It looks like I need a way to change the querry criteria to include the "Company" field or to be able to create a new querry and point it to this field.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your response. I am using Outlook 2007 and it seems that the search lookup only searches the the "name" field. The name filed is not populated for companies. It looks like I need a way to change the querry criteria to include the "Company" field or to be able to create a new querry and point it to this field.

Ahh i see, im glad you getting somewhere towards your solution :)
Keep me posted if anything pops up

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones