searching for how to enable TV-OUTSupport

Last Updated:

1. epicMaybe

epicMaybe New Member This Topic's Starter

hey fellow samsung epic 4g owners,

one of the main reason i purchased this phone is to mirror the screen in my car and use the gps on my in-dash. from my reading, it seems that it has been disabled and there is no clear answer that i have found stating that the hardware to perform tv-out was removed.

has anyone investigated this feature and had luck? i'm still on a hunt to fix this feature because it's a big factor on whether or not i'll keep the phone.

thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping the developers can work some magic

3. epicMaybe

bump... anyone hear updates yet?

4. tx_brandon

tx_brandon Well-Known Member

I watched videos stored on the memory card inside my Epic on my TV last night. I was streaming wireless to my PS3. Had a little trouble at first figuring it out but then discovered I needed to do a media search on the PS3 and 'search for devices' on the phone at the same time. Now Samsung Mobile shows up permanent in my media server options within the PS3 :)

5. epicMaybe

nice! i am just trying to find out if there is a hardwired way to do this. i know there is a micro usb to hdmi cord (which i dont know if it works)

also, i want to see if there is the hardware in the 3.5mm jack for RCA output

unfortunately, i dont have any dlna devices, and dont want to be dependent on them.

6. alex94z

alex94z Active Member

Subscribed. I'm trying to do the same in my car.

Just a thought, but is there a DLNA receiver type device that can convert to RCA? Sort of like the blackberry bluetooth music gateway but for DLNA. That would be sweet.

7. bernyzilla

bernyzilla Member

I found one once that would do HDMI for like 50$. I too would like to have this. I found a cord but read in another thread it DOES NOT WORK!
    Amazon.com: TV Out Cable for Samsung Galaxy S: Epic 4G Fascinate Captivate Vibrant Omnia II, 3.5mm to RCA Composite: Electronics

Is this a hardware or software issue? Would one be able to enable this on a rooted phone?

8. m5james

m5james New Member

How much is that cable in US dollars?