Support searching for how to enable TV-OUT

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by epicMaybe, Sep 5, 2010.

1. epicMaybe

epicMaybe New Member

Sep 5, 2010
    hey fellow samsung epic 4g owners,

one of the main reason i purchased this phone is to mirror the screen in my car and use the gps on my in-dash. from my reading, it seems that it has been disabled and there is no clear answer that i have found stating that the hardware to perform tv-out was removed.

has anyone investigated this feature and had luck? i'm still on a hunt to fix this feature because it's a big factor on whether or not i'll keep the phone.

thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I'm hoping the developers can work some magic

3. epicMaybe

epicMaybe New Member

Sep 5, 2010
    bump... anyone hear updates yet?

4. tx_brandon

tx_brandon Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    mosaic artist
    Austin
    I watched videos stored on the memory card inside my Epic on my TV last night. I was streaming wireless to my PS3. Had a little trouble at first figuring it out but then discovered I needed to do a media search on the PS3 and 'search for devices' on the phone at the same time. Now Samsung Mobile shows up permanent in my media server options within the PS3 :)

5. epicMaybe

epicMaybe New Member

Sep 5, 2010
    nice! i am just trying to find out if there is a hardwired way to do this. i know there is a micro usb to hdmi cord (which i dont know if it works)

also, i want to see if there is the hardware in the 3.5mm jack for RCA output

unfortunately, i dont have any dlna devices, and dont want to be dependent on them.

6. alex94z

alex94z Active Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Texas
    Subscribed. I'm trying to do the same in my car.

Just a thought, but is there a DLNA receiver type device that can convert to RCA? Sort of like the blackberry bluetooth music gateway but for DLNA. That would be sweet.

7. bernyzilla

bernyzilla Member

Mar 6, 2011
    I found one once that would do HDMI for like 50$. I too would like to have this. I found a cord but read in another thread it DOES NOT WORK!
    Amazon.com: TV Out Cable for Samsung Galaxy S: Epic 4G Fascinate Captivate Vibrant Omnia II, 3.5mm to RCA Composite: Electronics

Is this a hardware or software issue? Would one be able to enable this on a rooted phone?

8. m5james

m5james New Member

Jun 15, 2010
    How much is that cable in US dollars?