Searching only "People", not "Search People"Support

Last Updated:

1. leehuynh

leehuynh New Member This Topic's Starter

Greetings, I have a question that I am having difficulty finding on the forums. It concerns the "People" app and a "Search People" app.

The "People" app only contains my contacts that are listed as "My Contacts" in my GMail account. I like this. However, I cannot find a way to search only within this list.

If I use the "Search People" app, it searches all of my contacts in my GMail account, including those I have not added into "My Contacts" group. Likewise, if I use the search button while in the "People" app, it just brings me to the "Search People" app.

So my goal is to only search within the list that comes up when I run the "People" app, no more, no less.

I know one solution is to manually delete the extraneous contacts within GMail itself (via browser). However, I'd rather not have to do this each time I send an e-mail to a random new person (admit it, it *would* be annoying). Is there another method to accomplish this?

FYI, I have not entered a contact via phone yet, nor have I synced with anything else (don't use Facebook, Outlook, etc., and I did a factory reset last night b/c of Froyo).

FYI (2), I found some posts referring to a "Contacts" app, but I don't see that app in my phone.

Advertisement