• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Searching People

Coastranger

Lurker
Aug 22, 2012
I just got updated to 4.0.4 from 2.? and things are different. My question is about searching. It used to be "Contacts" and now it's "People". Fine. When I start searching, with each letter I type in the list narrows and I can find the contact I'm looking for in the first two or three displayed in the list. That was because it was searching based on first or last name, or company (or organization). Now I get a hit if the letters are in the notes. That's bad. When I used to get just the 10 or 12 offices listed, now I get 54 items on the list because the agency name is used that many times somewhere in the contact.

Can I turn off that feature and get back to how it was before? Is there an app that will let me search based on a particular field?

Thanks,

CR

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones