Searching picturesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Ashido

Ashido Active Member This Topic's Starter

I remember watching a commercial or seeing something about this phone where you could take a picture of lets say a math problem and then search it up on google. Is this true and is it an app that all android OS phones can use?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. Blackrad11

Blackrad11 Well-Known Member

yes i will look for it i just seen it last night on a youtube video

3. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Try google Goggles maybe?

4. upther

upther Well-Known Member

Google Goggles is exactly what you're looking for.

5. Ashido

Ashido Active Member This Topic's Starter

Good thanks guys, I just wanted to prove to my friend that it is not exclusive to the Droid Incredible since he is trying to use it as a reason not to make a future purchase for the Droid X.

6. AnotherHiggins

AnotherHiggins Well-Known Member

Yep, sounds like Google Googles.

Google Googles (free on the Market) will scan whatever you take a picture of (you have to be in the app first, before taking the picture) and try to guess what you'd like to do next.

If you take a picture of a painting, it will return information about the painting, artist, ect.

If you take a picture of a sign in German, there will be an option that says, "Translate". if you choose that, it determines what language the sign is in and translates it for you.

I haven't tried it, but it seems like a reasonable guess that if you take a picture of a math problem, it will search for it just as if you had typed the math problem into the Google search box yourself.

[edit]
    I really do know better than to type, walk away for a few minutes, come back, and press "Submit" without checking for new posts first. Honest.
    [/edit]