Second email account query (not Gmail)Support

Last Updated:

1. craggybuk

craggybuk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

My wife has the x10 mini phone but seems to have problems synchronising with her Virgin Media email. She gets notifications from gmail almost instantly when an email comes in, but the only way she can see the Virgin email (ntlworld) is to physically open up her email and click the button to check for new mail which then forces it through.

Is there any way she can be notified automatically when this happens. I have the HTC Desire and haven't encountered this problem on my phone so I'm wondering if there is a setting on the X10 mini that we've missed.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

I think that is the way the stock email app works, you have to manually refresh to get it to look for mail.

The only thing I could suggest is trying a third party app. I use K-9 for both my virgin media (blueyonder) account and my gmail account. Maildroid is another one that I have heard recommended. I have the X10 large but I can't see why you can't run this on your min's. You just have to turn off your notification on the Gmail app otherwise you will be receiving two each time mail comes through.

craggybuk likes this.