Secondary Gmail Syncing/Latest EVO Gmail .apk

Last Updated:

1. beagle804

beagle804 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all. Ever since putting a Froyo rom on my Incredible, I've not been able to get my secondary gmail account to function properly. No automatic syncing from the phone to the cloud. I sometimes will get message pushed out to the phone but not all the time.

I've seen reports that a official OTA for the Evo came out last night that has fixed this gmail problem for them.

So I'm wondering if it is possible for someone to get the gmail application off of the OTA release and then allow it to be installed on an Incredible running some version of Froyo.

Advertisement
  2. pkmn760

pkmn760 Well-Known Member

did you try downloading gmail 2.3 from the market?

3. beagle804

I had not known about version 2.3 until I saw your post. I have installed it and have it running right now. While it is better, there have been several time in the last hour where changes made to an email on the Inc take 20 - 30 minutes minimum to propagate up to the cloud. And there have been several changes that never made it at all. The functions seem to work fine on the primary account. And there is a marked difference between primary and secondary.

Archive
    Star
    Mark as read
    Deletions
    Change labels

If I'm out of the office and use the phone to perform these functions, then I would expect them to be replicated at the server so that when I login from my desktop, I'm not having to re-do everything.

4. beagle804

I can now say that this is even worse than it was before. As of right now, my secondary email account does NOTHING unless I force a refresh from the menu. No push emails from the server at all. What a crock this is becoming.