• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Secondary SSID Wifi connection issue

doboshine

Lurker
Jul 9, 2012
Hello all. This is driving me crazy. I have a westell 7500 modem/routercombo through centurylink that I am using at my business. The primary wifi is running WPA - straight out of the box - and with the password, everything connects through wifi without an issue. I set up a secondary SSID with no security for our customers, and everything EXCEPT DROIDS can connect to the interent. The devices connect to the router and get a valid IP address and I can see from the router that they are connected. However, there is no connection to the internet. Every search gives "Web page not available" (google comes up). Laptops, non-droid tablets, ipods and ipads can connect, but no DROIDS (including kindles). I have tried to apply security on the secondary SSID, but nothing seems to work. I have the same modem/router combo at home and it behaves the same way. Connect to the primary wifi - no problem. Secondary SSID, droids dont connect. I have an EVO 4d, but I cant get any droid to connect.

Please help!!!!!!

D

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones