"Secret" Codes for ThriveSupport

Last Updated:

1. dspisak

dspisak Member

Hi. Does anyone know the "secret" access codes for the Thrive? I've searched the 'net without success.

These are the similar Samsung codes:
    *#*#197328640#*#* - Service Mode
    *#*#4636#*#* - Phone Information
    *#1234# - PDA/Phone/CSC
    *2767*4387264636# - Phone PCode

Edit: There are several sites that have some codes such as:
    test mode - 2945#*#
    secret menu - 2945*#01*#
    But, they do not work on the Thrive.

2. mcluhan

mcluhan New Member

I think this is what you're looking for:

1) Open up your phone's dialer
    2) Type the following characters without pressing the call button:
    3) This will display a hidden menu.
    dspisak likes this.
  3. dspisak

dspisak Member

That's it!

Thank you.

4. dspisak

dspisak Member

Hi, mcluhan. Do you have any other "secret" codes for the P506?
  5. mcluhan

mcluhan New Member

Hi, the only other I know is the one that brings up the screen to unlock the phone:

6. dspisak

dspisak Member

Hi. I did find that code in the unlockcellphonecode.com website. It was applicable to another model of LG, but I took a chance and tried it on my Thrive. I successfully unlocked it with the unlock code I received from unlockcellphonecode.com. Quick service from them, and the cost was $9.99.

7. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Oh wow, I didn't know that there are so many secret codes. I only know *#*#4636#*#* and I checked the rest of the codes posted by the OP (for the hell of it) and *#*#197328640#*#* works too.
  8. dspisak

dspisak Member

Hi, Roze. I guess those two codes work on your Moto Atrix. They don't work on my LG thrive.

9. Roze

Oh, that sucks. The *#*#4636#*#* is a really good battery diagnostic tool.
  10. dspisak

dspisak Member

I stand partially corrected. *#*#4636#*#* now works on my Thrive. Too bad that *#*#197328640#*#* doesn't.
  11. Roze

*#*#197328640#*#* is just the Service Mode that you should be able to access via *#*#4636#*#*
  12. buzzman

buzzman Member

Hi all!! I've recently switched to an android phone- coming from a jailbroken iphone.

I am looking for a way to put the secret menu access directly as a shortcut on the homescreen. I'm looking for a quick way to switch from 3g to 2g.

It's a great way to save battery, and I have been running all my phones on 2g unless I need data, then I switch. I have had service on 2g in places where my husband has not on 3g. 2 iphones, same model. my battery lasts 3 days, his lasts 1.

Any ideas to avoid dialing the 3845#*506#, menu, then making changes to network?
    I've tried to make a dialing contact, but it doesn't work- error message, no menu.
  13. buzzman

buzzman Member

I found this on another site by GadgetMan and adapted it to work on the LG Thrive.

This is how to use a launcher to make a shortcut on the homepage for launching the hidden menu on the lg Thrive.
    Example using ADW (others will use a similar method):

1. Long press on home screen
    2. Select Custom Shortcut
    3. Click on pick your activitiy
    4. Pick ADW activities
    5. scroll down to com.lge.Internal and select it
    6. scroll down again till Hidden Menu(.HiddenMenu) and select
    7. You can hit the ugly green icon and replace it if you wish, if not, click OK and you will now have this shortcut on your homepage.

You can put it on your icon bar down below. Now it's easy to change 2g/3g. Just hit your shortcut, go to network mode, and select GSM only for 2g, or WCDMA only for 3g, or Automatic to let the phone chose.

Hooray!!! This makes me happy!:D
  14. x00

x00 New Member

I'm looking for a way, that helps me to see the service menu on a Samsung Galaxy Ace. I know the *#*#197328640#*#* code which shows the service menu. The code works fine, but very uncomfortable the typing of the code. I would like a shortcut on my screen that starts this code. How can I do it?
  15. Roze

Some launcher like LauncherPro and ADW allows some very customizable shortcuts. You can alsy use Anycut found on the market.
  16. x00

x00 New Member

Thanks your reply!
    But I cannot make a shortcut for this code with Anycut.
    Can you help me?