Secret ContactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. pheedback

pheedback Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to make contacts private, secret, or locked? My old phone allowed me to set contacts as "secret" which meant they would be unable to be viewed without the password. Does the G1 have a feature like this?

Advertisement
  2. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen a feature like this in the native contacts app. You might try the market though, maybe there's an app that can handle that.

3. pheedback

pheedback Member This Topic's Starter

Well I found a way to make it work... somewhat. Create a new group for the contacts and put the contacts you want to hide in that group. Go into Edit Sync Groups and unmark the group from Syncing. Then when you want the contacts to show up you can select the group to sync again. If you have a lot of contacts in all of your lists you can make it easier to view just your hidden group or any group by changing the display group in Contacts.

4. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

That's a lot of work, I bet there's an app for something like that.

5. felipes

felipes New Member

I know this is an old thread. I just could find this answer either, and was hoping that someone has some better way of dealing with "private contacts". Anyone?

6. DAE51D

DAE51D Well-Known Member

Any progress on this? My PalmOS has done this for years, and I have numerous celebrities that I don't want to "Paris Hilton" if my phone ever got stolen or lost.