Secure WiFi Connection IssuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. sag7392

sag7392 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Here's my issue- At home, I am having trouble connecting to my secured wireless network (wpa, wap2, tkip) on my EVO. The EVO will show my network, but it won't seem to connect. I've tried restarting my Belkin wireless router, rescanning for networks on my EVO, and making sure I'm entering the correct pasword. Nothing seems to work. But, when I go to my girlfriend's house, I can connect to her unsecured wireless network. I'm thinking it may be the my router's security settings. Even though I have a strong 4G signal in my house, I still like to have the option to use my WiFi network from time to time.

Any thoughts?

Edit- Just to give it another try, I disabled my router security and even uninstalled WiFi finder...all of which did not work in establishing a connection. I'm starting to think it's my Belkin router. The only thing though, is that it played well with my Blackberry 8900.

TIA

Advertisement
  2. ronbien

ronbien Well-Known Member

Just a thought but the HTC Hero does not see Wireless 802.11N. It only recognized B and G. is your router a N only one?
    Good Luck!

3. sag7392

First, thanks for responding. The router is B+G+N (with independent settings or covers all), so I thought just maybe it would pick up what its capable of hitting. Now that you think about it, my girlfriend has a G router (Linksys) and it worked fine over there...hmmm. Well, I just changed it to G and still no connection. I also double checked to make sure the WPS was disabled.

I searched and found that Belkin routers didn't playing well with some G1 owners.

4. Kazrell

Kazrell Well-Known Member

Lucky you have 4G in your area. My EVO isn't playing nice with my WIFI Belkin device/Verizon. I have reinstalled the hardware and upgraded the firmware and within the same room I get one WIFI bar. It doesn't help that I'm running a low signal strength for the phone network.

5. sag7392

Now that does suck...sorry to hear that. Belkin routers and Android just don't play well together. So next month, I plan to get rid of the Belkin and grab a Cisco (Linksys) E2000 router. Hopefully my issue will be resolved.