Securing/Locking the phone

Last Updated:

1. SDK78

SDK78 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks to the help from this forum, I got my free Fascinate last night at Best Buy (upgraded from an old BB Curve). As a Droid newbie, so far I love this phone, except I'm a little disapointed with the "locking pattern" used to secure the phone. Is there another option available to lock the phone similar to using just a regular password? Thanks for the help.

Advertisement
  2. jolenemae21

jolenemae21 Well-Known Member

unfortunatly no..... not without downloading a app from the market place.... i would suggest doing some searching on there... I dont use one myself so I am not sure what to suggest to you. But as far as the stock feature there is only the puzzle, glass and pattern unlock on the SF.

3. gingergirl

gingergirl Well-Known Member

I got App Protector from market. I LOVE it (sorry, but not sure if it was a pay app or not.. but well worth $3 tops if it was a pay one... I'd have paid $10.. LOL) Locking certain areas of my phone (texts, emails) was a number one priority for me. Check it out... I can now freely give my phone to folks to play around with without getting antsy that they are snooping. You can add the aspects of your phone that you want to password protect (either by a pattern unlock.. or an actual password of numbers or letters). I highly recommend it. I imagine you can lock the entire phone... but I'm not sure.

II Kings 9:20 and saps like this.
  4. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Now that sounds intriguing and exactly what the doctor is ordering for many people in here. I might just have to test drive this one. Thanks GG

5. II Kings 9:20

II Kings 9:20 Well-Known Member

I like that. I have no security on my D1. I have "My Lock Prefs" app. No swipe to "unlock" the phone. Just hit the power button and it opens to the last page displayed. It is such a PITA to move a puzzle, slide a lock, or swipe up/down. I turn mine on, and it simply opens just like an old flip phone. I like the idea if locking certain areas.

6. II Kings 9:20

II Kings 9:20 Well-Known Member

love this app. I have the phone come on without any security or unlock- just hit the power button and it's on. I have important apps like contacts and email password protected- the best of both worlds.