Security apps - incase phone gets stolen

1. smallclone

smallclone Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

Need some advice on apps. What is the best app that would locate my HTCDesire and lock it incase it gets stolen?

Preferably need it to be free, but will pay if it is really top notch.

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. LECTER

LECTER Well-Known Member

3. smallclone

Thanks. looks good. Have downloaded.
  4. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

I might have a look at that later. I use Sim Checker Lite. Free, will SMS people the location etc if the sim is changed in your phone.
    smallclone likes this.
  5. smallclone

That looks pretty nice too. The PRO version also gives you the SIM Card info of the card put in the phone and auto enables GPS, Looks very handy.

cheers
  6. Usta

Usta Well-Known Member

Here is another one - Track and Protect.
  7. StoneDeCroze

StoneDeCroze Well-Known Member

I use Wave Secure, it's a free trial, then a subscription. Lots of features, remote wiping, cloud based backups, SMS alerts etc.
  8. nancy30

nancy30 Well-Known Member

looks like a good app but i still need to know the review and see what people have to say who have lost their phones
  9. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

Avast.

Check it.
  10. shauny13

shauny13 Well-Known Member

prey is excellent or cerberus
  11. Paul8944

Paul8944 Well-Known Member

Seek droid, got it when it was 69p and enables wiping, tracking, alarm etc etc via either the web or SMS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  12. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Well-Known Member

I'll throw in my two cents. Cerberus is decent, can do everything to your phone remotely. Including wiping the sim, sd card and blocking it from use. Can even get it to take photos and send them to your inbox.. However this may be a bit pointless as the Desire doesn't have a front facing camera. Loads of cool features and worth the couple of quid imo.
  13. andybog

andybog Well-Known Member

+1 for avast.

Has lots of features, especially if rooted. It also is very good at detecting "virus'" according to avtest.org
  14. kmetek

kmetek Well-Known Member

avast or cerberus.
  15. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste Guide

Hi

I found my phone in a bin liner in a skip at the local refuse dump (where I put it while filling bin bags) using seekdroid, so I would recommend it a lot! It narrowed it down to the right skip!

Roger