Security Cam App?Support

Last Updated:

1. akita

akita Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know iphone has icam/Drop cam that can do this, but do the android phones have something similar where you can install cams in your house and get alerts on your phone with realtime footage,etc? Check link for example:
    iPhone Catches Robbers in the Act

I can totally relate near the end of the clip where they show a cam is pointed out in front of her yard where she can catch which dogs are dropping bombs on her lawn. I'd love to be able to do the same. Any ideas what are good cams/setup to achieve this?

Advertisement
  2. edhgreatone

edhgreatone Well-Known Member

mobiscope was amazing on blackberry... they have it for android but they incorporated it into the browser and it's pretty bad... i'm looking for a good webcame security app as well

3. LexusBrian400

LexusBrian400 Well-Known Member

Sercuret. Hands down. I've tested all 3 of their apps and they are amazing, albeit scary :)

4. edhgreatone

securet is good for using your actual phone as a security camera... but is difficult to setup webcam, you have to actually stream it from your computer which can be difficult to setup, you need a static IP, etc...

mobiscope is better in the sense that you install the software to your phone and then to your computer.. and then you can view that camera live from anywhere... set security settings, motion detection ect... they said there working on a native application b/c this browser thing is a pain...

5. LexusBrian400

LexusBrian400 Well-Known Member

Mobiscope doesnt even show up in the market. Are you sure thats what its called?

6. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

i use an x10 setup, im going to (when i re-install xp pro) load up logmein ignition, keep my security cams on the screen and take a peek when i like :)

7. akita

What's the picture quality like? I remember those ads in my email back in the day

8. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

9. ackoolness

ackoolness Well-Known Member

i dont specifically know of a 'spy cam' app that will allow you to keep recording after going back to home BUT i have been using 'SECuRET LiveStream'. The demo is black and white but if you buy the full app for UK $2.99 then it will do color/audio/video.

works off of wifi. you open the app-->click 'start'--> it will give you an ip to enter into your laptops browser and boom.

works great. havnt noticed any glitches. no issues with dynamic ip's. check out the demo for free.

10. edhgreatone

sounds like an advertisement... :eek:

11. edhgreatone

i do this as well... I use "phone my pc" the only catch here is... I WANT SOUND!... so mobiscope can transfer sound although there's a 5 second or so delay... phone my pc is nearly live so I can connect to my desktop and view my webcam... phone my pc states sound is coming... so i guess i'll stay tuned... but if you think about it if apps like phone my pc or logmeinignition or any of those apps are actually perfected and work perfectly well have a cell phone and a computer in our hands and we can just use programs on our computer rather than our droids!

12. Digitalfix

Digitalfix Active Member

I'm looking for something similar. I want:
    1. to use ip cams with motion alert to the phone
    2. record-ability
    3. multiple cams
    4. No subscription service
    5. The ability for the cams or phone to set-off the most intense alarm any burgleer will wish he never heard.
    6. works on 3g and wifi

Do any of these apps do this?
    Does any of this work with x10?

13. jimmy_b

jimmy_b New Member

I have 3x Y-cam IP cameras that do all of the above and they are pretty good, their free MultiLive app works on my phone and was pretty much the first app I installed. My old blackberry only displayed 1 cam at a time, my Galaxy S can display 3 cameras on the screen at once :)

link to app on Y-cam site - Free Y-cam viewer app for iPhone & Android | Y-cam News Blog

Not sure about X10 though

14. kimr55760

kimr55760 New Member

15. akita

Can you expand more on why its a pain to use via browser?

16. kimr55760

kimr55760 New Member

Homecamera resolves the ip for you. It's very simple to use for up to 4 cameras and free.

17. saleen22

saleen22 Member

I have swann security cams at my house. The one thing that I miss about my bb storm is the rdm+. I could use that program to see my desktop and control my cameras.