• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

security cam question

I bought a house in a pretty upscale neighborhood. I thought I got away from burgluries and sheisty individuals. I was wrong. There was a rash of car break-ins(including mine) a couple of months ago that we though were acts by young kids. We were wrong. Five houses in 2 months were robbed for big screen tv's, jewelry, and other stuff.

I've had a 2 year old pit(75LBS of pure muscle and one hell of a bite) to protect my wife when I'm not there and to make any would be theif think twice.

Its when both of us are not home is what has me worried. I could care less about my stuff. I have home owners insurance. But my dog is like a family member. I don't want anybody thinking that they have to hurt my him just so they can take my TV. I'd rather give it to them. I need to know if there is an app that I can hook up to my home wifi network and stream straight to my phone when I'm not home. I can't afford a security systems monthly payment. So please, if any of you have any suggestions or know of an app thats not in the market, please tell me

Orb can stream your webcam over the web to your phone's browser. There is also an android app, but I just used it in the browser. I tried it and it was pretty cool. I wanted to use it to stream my tv tuner, but my tuner (OnAir GT) is not compatible with orb. There's a thread here somewhere that gives details, hints, instructions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones