security information

1. i am getting always this error msg in my galaxy s4
    "an application attempted to access system on your device without authorisation. this attempt has been blocked. deleting applications obtained from unauthorised sources may improve secutiy" two answer button cancel and view appps.

Advertisement
    :
  2. androidexpat

androidexpat Well-Known Member

I never used to get this either but recently started getting it as well on my Note 3 :confused: I deleted a bunch of applications and practically ave nothing left on my smartphone and still get this notification :mad:

I was wondering if there was a way to find out which application is attempting to access our device without our authorization :confused: It obviously knows that some application is attempting to access something and yet it does not tell us which application is attempting to do so, so that we can delete or uninstall it.
  3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Sounds like this is Samsung KNOX that is producing these messages.

See this for more information: Samsung KNOX-Solutions-Security | SAMSUNG

I'm wondering if you side-loaded any apps that might account for this?

Temporarily removing any recent apps (one at a time) you might have install that might account for this would be a good starting strategy.
    Unforgiven likes this.
  4. androidexpat

androidexpat Well-Known Member

I have Samsung Knox on my Note 3 and this message that keeps popping up is quite annoying but I for some reason doubt that it is from Samsung's own Knox that they had built in. What makes you think that this is caused by this application? I never got this message before until recently.