Security Message Alert - Need HelpSupport

1. benlee123

benlee123 Member

Need some help here. I keep getting this error/alert message on my S4 recently.

Security Information
    An application attempted to access system on your device without authorisation. This attept has been blocked. Deleting applications obtained from unauthorized sources may improve security.

There is a button "View Apps" to click and it basically list all the apps in my phone but doesn't tell me which one is causing the security alert. I have tried to delete all recently installed applications but still this alert message keeps popping up. :confused::(

Any ideas what's wrong? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Funderbolt

Funderbolt Well-Known Member

I'm getting a message that says:

After tapping:

Then there's an Update policy button. Every time I click it I get:

This is total crap.
  3. PrissyPJ

PrissyPJ Member

I've had the same issue since I udpated to 4.3. Would love to know what is causing it and how to correct it. Thanks,

4. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

Found this on another forum, see if this helps any;

Go to Settings > More > Security > Security Policy Updates > Check For Updates.
  5. benlee123

benlee123 Member

My settings is already on auto update. Still it appears.
  6. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member Contributor

You can use the hidden App ops feature to disable the notifications. If you have a launcher that that enables shortcuts to Android Activities (e.g., Apex or Nova), you can access it that way. If not, you can use xShortcut FREE to do the same thing.

Access the shortcut, slide over to the Device listing, and then scroll down to Security policy updates and Knox Notification Manager; disable "Post notification" for both.
  7. Hamiddg

Hamiddg Well-Known Member

Have you tried scanning your phone with any Anti Virus app?
  8. psinsyd

psinsyd New Member

Looks like a known issue that Samsung is working on a fix for. Has to do with the 4.3 update on S4s, since it installs a Knox software suite.

Long time lurker but first time poster so I can't post links yet, but do a search on galaxy s4 4.3 Knox and you'll see everyone is having the problem.

Samsung has issued a statement via their Twitter account saying they are working on a fix.

I'm trying to dig to see how to uninstall it from my wife's s4. I won't be updating to 4.3 until there is a known resolution to it.

I did try the following based on another site's recommendation and it seemed to have lessened the number of notifications so far, although she did receive one after I did this, though not as frequently:

I did a live chat with Samsung technical support today. Its one of those sessions where the person on the other end isn't a technical expert and just has various scripts to try. This is the script they suggested I try this evening:

1. Power the device off (remove and re-insert the battery)
    2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key
    3. When the device vibrates; release only the Power key
    4. When the Android system recovery menu displays; release the Volume Up and the Home key.
    5. Navigate witth the Volume keys to the WIPE CACHE/PARTITION reset option and press the Power key to select
    6. After user data deletes, press teh Power key to reboot system now.

Hopefully Samsung's engineers move quickly on this. I'd much rather not even have Knox on the phone.
  9. psinsyd

psinsyd New Member

I also just did a force stop on any Knox instances via settings, more, application manager, all. That only stops it until the device is rebooted IIRC.