• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Security on android devices?

reza

Dec 13, 2009
htc hero is my first android device & i use it for my regular e-banking too,with pc we use internet security suite,anti spyware & etc to insure our system,what we have to do about our mobile phones? we use same user names & same password on our pc & our phone & if we need to guard them on pc it seems to me natural to do the same on our phone!
i download a lot of third party app which potentially have access to those info & i really don't know is security a matter of consideration on mobile as same as pc or NOT?

A girl that I work with has a HTC Hero and was sent an email to her gmail account which she opened via her phone.

Her phone rebooted and she lost all of her data/apps.

This is got me thinking, what type of security is available for the phone and for the apps that a person downloads?

I'm also going to be doing to traveling later this summer to, and I want to make sure my phone is safe while I'm out on the road.

thanks

Upvote 0
@ Reza and JockVSJock

I would say it is a risk with using 3rd party apps as they can make them have full access to your phone and see the data you store. As for key logging on a phone, not heard of that yet. But not to sa it cannot be done, as a smart phone is basicly a small computer.

As for apps on the normal market, if anyone find something wrong the users will write very bad comments.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones